Friday, May 27, 2005

Who Would have Thought?

St. Pius X

You are Pope St. Pius X. You'd rather be right than
newfangled.

Which Twentieth Century Pope Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla


I'm not a particular fan of Pius X, nothing really against him, mind you, just not a fan. But I would rather be right than merely newfangled. Of course, I'd prefer be right in a very generous, kindly manner, rather than the smug, snarky attitude that gives rectitude such a bad name.

I played with the quiz a couple of times. Two different clicks, not so off the mark, and I come up as Pope Paul VI. A different couple of clicks, also not so off the mark, as the mark is allowed to go, and I get to be John Paul II. What a wonderful world.

At the end of the day, I must admit to a distaste for the newfangled, a word I must now use everyday in a sentence.